Birthday Girl

My daughter S's birthday today. Always a challenge to think of a novel present for her so close to Christmas. She's not a bit fussy and I suppose we all feel for her having a birthday at Christmas time. Plenty of nice pressies though and she seems really thrilled with her magnetic photo board with a grassy theme which we bought at Habitat.

Really miserable wet and windy today. Just took my dog Eorna ( Irish for Barley) for a walk this morning, did a little post Christmas ironing etc, and made a visit to my son this evening.

Will try to do some sewing up of G's cardi, and hopefully finish it before New Year.

For book club last month, I read The Master, by Colm Toibin. Although it was a little slow to start, I really got into it, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Its a biographical novel about 4 years in the life of Henry James, the American author, at the end of the 19th century. This is a lovely gentle novel, very descriptive and absorbing. Easy to see why it was nominated for the Man Booker prize. This is the first book I've read by Colm Toibin, but I would like to read more.

Comments

Brian said…
Uh-oh, it's S's birthday? What'll I do? Where'll I shop? I kmow, Tescos. a 48 pack of Weetabix will go down mighty...
Brian said…
I meant to type "know", you know, not "kmow". Just so you know.

Popular posts from this blog

Me and Ravelry etc

My Mam

5oth Posting!