Avoca





Top image shows my purchases from Avoca Handweavers in Avoca village, Co Wicklow.The others are images from inside their smaller but nonetheless delicious cafe in the shop. Their annual sale of yarn is now on and I've had two lovely visits there. One on Friday when on my way to Wexford with two friends, when we just had to call in for a cup of coffee and a scone. While this is not the direct route to Wexford from Naas, we had heard that there may be a delay on the regular route, and that's how we ended up in Avoca. We had a preliminary look at the bargains and just a small purchase that day!
However we had planned to go on Saturday so we did and met up with my sister www.craftydogs.blogspot.com and had a glorious few hours here again. The sun was shining and the food was lovely and on our drive to and return you could really see why Wicklow is known as the 'garden county'. Just made two more purchases.
On our way home we visited the 'Eco shop' at the Glen o the Downs near Kilmacanogue on the N11 which is a really lovely shop with lots of different goodies. Its well worth a visit if ever you are down that way.
'On with knitting'!


Comments

Diane said…
oh great....I must be the only one who missed out on this sale!!!
Anonymous said…
Oooh, I like that variegated yarn on the right! Didn't see any of that on Thursday. Just as well, I suppose....

Popular posts from this blog

Me and Ravelry etc

Knit Lit

My Mam