I've signed up for the Knitters treat exchange organised by tea and cakes and tangelled angel.
I'm looking forward to it as I have never participated in anything like this before and am a blogging novice and only set this one up December last.
Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire
1. What's your favourite type of yarn?
I prefer the natural yarns, cotton, linen, silk and some wools and wool mixes/silk
2. What's your least favourite type of yarn?
Man made fibres such as acrylic, polyester, and nylon. Although I have used some mixes containing viscose/rayon from time to time which can be quite good.
3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop?
Unfortunately I don't often have the opportunity to visit new yarn shops because there are not that many here, but when I do I love to look at new pattern ideas and feel/touch any new yarns. Accessories appeal too, buttons, ribbons etc.
4. What other crafts do you do/would like to do?
I've done tapestry, sewing and I've tried a little bit of crochet. I would like to take the time to try some more crochet. As tapestry is so slow I'm not that inclined to do so much now.
5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?
I don't subscribe to any at the moment, but often buy Prima crafts when it's issued and have bought Knitting, and Simply Knitting, and food magazines.
6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference: Knitting/Crochet/Other craft/Food/Home/Fashion/Celebrity gossip/Garden
Knitting, food, garden, other craft,home, fashion, crochet, celebrity gossip.
7. What items do you like to knit/crochet?
Anything really, clothes for me and my youngest daughter who is 17, hats, gloves, socks, bags both felted and unfelted.
8. Are you allergic to anything?
Definitely mohair, and some wools which I can't wear next to my skin.
9. What do you like to smell of?
Lavender, vanilla and citrus.
10. What's your favourite way to relax?
I knit to relax and while watching tv, I love walking on a beach when I get the chance, reading especially and having coffee with friends.
11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style teashop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery or a dainty tea room. Where do you go to first?
An Italian cafe for sure.
12. What do you come out with?
Satisfaction, especially if the cappucino is good, and a nice almond or maple croissant with it.
13. Where do you go next?
Probably to the bakery to take home some yummy crispy bread for everyone and maybe a cake for a treat.
14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal?
I love new natural yarns and will try some soy and bamboo in the future. My colour preferences are pastel, pinks, blues, creams, light greens, swirly colours etc. I love coffee, chocolate. I like all handmade things including soaps, lotions etc.
Tuesday, 13 March 2007