Recent Knitting






Last year I found two skeins of Noro Silk Garden in the oddments box at my LYS, but only got to using it recently. First, I knit the lovely cable beanie from a Rowan Pattern in their 'Coast' book. However, when I tried it on it did not suit me at all, but looked really gorgeous on both my daughters, so that's who's wearing it. But there was enough to get a second hat for myself with the use of a little wool/alpaca in grey for the brim, so am pleased with that


This is a little lavender heart I knit for my mother for Christmas, which I think she liked. I knit it from sock yarn and the colours looked great. The pattern was from Interweave, on line and free. It was a bit complicated at first, and i would not class it as a quick knit, but I would definitely knit it again.






This New year brought some knitting disasters for me, and so I have not had many photos to upload. Firstly was the linen cotton yarn with which I was attempting a cardi, but the whole segment of knitting was leaning sideways! I asked a few of my knitting friends for advice, but they had not seen this problem before, so I have left this project aside for the moment.
Next I started a lovely shawl/scarf from a Rowan pattern in Kidsilk Haze, but I made a few mistakes in that pattern too, and it was a nightmare to rip, but I did and am re-knitting the shawl in a new pattern. (If successful, I will show later).
Currently I am beginning a tiny project for my cocoa swap pal. Enough said.
Then I hope to knit up a cardi in some more Noro yarn from my stash. Those I think are enough plans for the moment considering my mishaps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me and Ravelry etc

Knit Lit

My Mam