Delicious Lemon Mousse













I've friends coming this evening and have made this mousse. (Notice the lovely new bowl I got for a gift) I've made it before and its really delicious and easy to make.

Ingredients:

1 envelope unflavoured gelatin
4 eggs - separated
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon rind
3/4 cup whipping cream

Method

Sprinkle gelatin over cold water to soften. Set in a bowl of hot water and mix until dissolved.
Beat egg yolks in a medium bowl, gradually add 1/2 of the sugar and continue beating until a ribbon forms. ( I put the bowl over simmering water while beating to cook the eggs a little)
Then beat in the lemon juice, rind and the dissolved gelatin.
Refrigerate for about 10 mins, stirring every 2 mins until mixture is starting to thicken.

Whip cream until stiff. Whip egg whites in separate bowl until soft peaks form, then add remaining sugar a tablespoon at a time. Continue beating until stiff.

Gently fold the egg whites into lemon/egg mixture, then gently fold in whipped cream. Place in a bowl or individual bowls until set. Garnish with some mint leaves. This takes about 2-3 hours.
Serves about 6-8 people.
Yummy!

Comments

Conn, said…
To Bloggers everywhere, out of curiosity, what do you put in your fridge?
Signed “worried and confused”
Anonymous said…
i am going to try it this sunday... i just loved lemon things !! thanks
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the recipe, I love lemon!! I cant wait to try it!!
Diane said…
lemon mousse sounds yummy...thanks for the recipe
Mary said…
Love the bowl - too much lemon for me though, but I am sure it is delicious like everything else you make.

Conn my fridge is quite empty at the moment and needs a little inspiration. It would be lovely if a nice hunky chef could come in and magically leave some lovely low fat treats for me to eat and save me cooking. It would be even nicer if he also joined me for dinner.

Popular posts from this blog

My Mam

Me and Ravelry etc

5oth Posting!