Vanishing Acts


Just finished reading Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult. It was a really great read, a real page-turner. Jodi Picoult keeps you wondering till the last page, and just when you think you know the ending, everything changes. She is really in touch with her characters and tells stories that just could happen. Its an emotional and gripping read about trust, love and memories. Jodi is an elegant writer and has written lots of novels. I've already read My Sister's Keeper and Salem Falls. My Sister's Keeper is just wonderful and my two daughters also enjoyed it. Salem Falls I did not think quite as good. I'll give this author a rest now as I just could not read them one after another, but I certainly will return to her.
On Saturday last I took a trip to 'Borders' bookshop in the Blanchardstown Centre. I've been before and this is a great bookshop. I had a lovely coffee and apple and cinnamon muffin in the Starbucks coffee upstairs on their Mezzanine floor.Yummy! When I was on my way out I noticed a stand with Jodi Picoult's latest book 'Nineteen Minutes' and learned from an assistant there that she was doing a signing there at 3 o'clock. Alas I could not wait till then as I would love to have met her.
While in the 'Paperchase' dept of the shop I bought this case to keep my knitting bits n pieces tidy in my knitting bag. I really loved the colours.


Comments

Anonymous said…
I love Jodi Picoult also, but like yourself, find that I can't read too many at the same time (or one after another). She's definately a favourite.
Love the new look of your blog!!
Anonymous said…
Yes Ger, I love the 'new look' as well. And yes Borders is yummy on many different levels...books....coffee....pastries....paperchase....mmmmmm!
Mary said…
Hi Ger, would have loved to have met Jodi Picoult myself. Just bought another one of her books at the weekend "The Tenth Circle". Must visit Borders some time myself

Popular posts from this blog

My Mam

Me and Ravelry etc

Finished Projects